Madrid CPWG is a dynamic award-winning Florida-based full-service consulting engineering firm with multiple offices within the United States. Madrid CPWG is an FDOT certified DBE and as a firm, we have conducted thousands of projects. Our project experience covers services for virtually every type of public and private client associated with industrial, commercial, and infrastructure projects.
Our Core Values:
Clients First, Commitment to Excellence, Managed Ingenuity Through Teamwork, Family as a Source of Strength, Honesty and Integrity, Meaningful Community Involvement and Exceptional Communication.
The Chief Structural Engineer accomplishes structural engineering/forensic division objectives by planning, leading, and executing oversight of division activities on a day-to-day basis. This role requires preparing division budgets, monitoring division profit/loss, maintaining division billability, monitoring division staffing needs, monitoring and preparing project budgets, marketing division services, maintain client contacts and relationships, performing independent engineering work, and other duties as required.
Office Location: Bartow, FL or Tampa, FL
All interested candidates are encouraged to take our Predictive Index Assessment now. Click here to take the 6-8-minute assessment: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/sM0/6984793a-4419-488f-adb8-297396d625c9?type=candidateba
- Ability to take delegation tasks, ask questions, and perform with limited supervision
- Ability to fill-in (be the Principal’s delegate) at times
- Make decisions
- Take assignments
- Manage projects
- Manage engineering and forensic staff
- Ability to Lead the Division, offices, and people
- Accounts Receivable
- Cash Flow
- Revenue Generation
- Intelligent solutions for equipment, people, and billing rates (having a plan)
- Cross-Selling Commitment to Sister Divisions
- Communication up, down, and sideways
- Unafraid to discuss any topic with Corporate or Division Staff
- Ability to present information through presentations
- Ability to speak to audiences of any type
- People management
- Project management
- Proposal writing, reviewing, editing, and directing
- Client interface
Experience and Knowledge:
- State of Florida license (PE/SE or SE endorsement)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working with insurance claims, depositions, and appearing on the stand in a courtroom scenario.
- Experience with Structural Engineering as well as other Engineering demands.
- Special Inspector Certification (SI) designation is required to have or obtain
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Projects, ServiceNow, SmartSheet, Lucid Chart, AutoCAD, and Structural Modeling Packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Independent Engineering and Analysis. Excellent mentorship skills for less seasoned staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing staff a must. We are looking for a Leader.
- Experience writing and/or editing proposals for different types of clients.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts
- Medical Insurance covered for employee
- 401(k) with matching benefits
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work to be performed and do not include all duties and responsibilities required of the position. This also does not serve as a contract of employment and status of employment may be changed at any time at the discretion of the employer. Madrid CPWG is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary and Bonus: Dependent upon the experience and qualification
COVID-19 considerations: All clients and employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. Additionally, a supervisor may authorize working from home, depending upon workload, content of work, and collaboration required.