Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Madrid CPWG is a dynamic award-winning Florida-based full-service consulting engineering firm with multiple offices within the US. Madrid CPWG is an FDOT certified DBE and as a firm, we have completed thousands of projects. Our expertise and project experience covers services for virtually every type of public and private client associated with industrial, commercial, and infrastructure projects.
Clients First, Commitment to Excellence, Managed Ingenuity Through Teamwork, Family as a Source of Strength, Honesty and Integrity, Meaningful Community Involvement and Exceptional Communication.
The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day project management, technical direction, and resource management of geotechnical functions and projects within the office. This will include working with our in-house Drilling Services and Soils Laboratory to complete projects and mentoring more junior staff. Emphasis is placed on profitability, cash flow, project management, and proposal generation.
All interested candidates are encouraged to take our Predictive Index Assessment
now. Click here to take the 6 to 8-minute assessment: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/sM0/55d95e8b-b907-47fa-b7a3-1f48abc460ca?type=candidateba
Develop and maintain internal and external client relationships, including project and non- project-related face-to-face meetings
- Leadership of a technical or project-related team; promote a team environment. Prepare proposals for moderate to complex projects
- Develop complex engineering reports giving professional opinions and practical geotechnical solutions
- Perform engineering analysis using the company and industry methodologies and standards
- Lead safety efforts for the team and ensure the team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrating safe work practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinates engineering work involving conventional geotechnical engineering practices
- Provide a review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; provides technical review of reports.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state-of-the-art technology issues.
- Provide leadership of marketing, sales, and business development.
- Supervise and mentor less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- State of Florida licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum 7 years working in the geotechnical industry; 3 years in Florida Market.
- Preferred – 5 years Florida Department of Transportation project experience.
- Experience leading and managing other engineers and technicians including performing employee assessments and assisting with Professional Development Plans for self and others.
- Experience with proposal preparation and business development.
- Well versed in specialty Geotechnical Software Products and some CAD proficiency
- Valid Driver License
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work to be performed and do not include all duties and responsibilities required of the position. This also does not serve as a contract of employment and status of employment may be changed at any time at the discretion of the employer. Madrid CPWG is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.
- Medical Insurance covered for employee
- 401(k) with matching benefits
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
All clients and employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. Additionally, a supervisor may authorize working from home, depending upon workload, content of work, and collaboration required.